Mr Price and Mrs Shaw welcome all pupils, parents and carers to our class page. The learning for each half-term will be updated, along with photos of our work. PE days are Tuesdays and Thursdays and children need to come to school wearing correct kit.
For this term, we will be closely looking at George’s Marvellous Medicine, writing in the style of Roald Dahl to make our own wonderful recipes and creating our own characters.
This half-term, we are looking at place value before moving on to addition and subtraction skills. TT Rockstars practise will be highly beneficial for ongoing development of multiplication skills.
Some useful websites for you to use at home are:
http://www.topmarks.co.uk (especially the Daily 10 section which the children use at school)
We are looking at Rocks
- Identify and classify rocks.
- Research fossils.
- Dig through and see the different layers of soil.
Our topic this half-term is All Around the World. We will:
- Identify the equator and Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
- Use atlases and maps to locate countries using latitudes and longitudes.
- Describe the key features of the polar regions.
- Identify and compare the climate of the Tropics with the UK.
- Explain the significance of time zones.
We will use Purple Mash to code and create our own game.
Class 3 will be practising a variety of greetings.
We will be researching and creating South American art.
We will look at the importance of individuality and self-confidence.
We are looking at the Christian creation story.
Our PE days are Tuesdays with LMA coaches and Thursdays with Mr Price.
We are looking at disco music through the Charranga Music Scheme. The children have already begun to learn the lyrics of a song and come up with their own actions.